Gamification is the attribution of points in a quiz.
Gamification or assigning points in a quiz makes micro-learning more motivating and fun.
To configure the gamification settings, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Quizzes” tab found in the menu column on the left
- Click on the quiz you want to configure
- Click the button “Edit quiz”
- Click on the 3 dots, then click “Configure gamification”
You can then copy the gamification parameters of an existing quiz.
If this is the first time you set up gamification for a quiz, you must configure the gamification according to different elements:
- Completing the quiz (optional) You can reward users for simply taking the quiz, assigning some points. We recommend choosing an amount of points close the number you would assign for a correct answer.
- A correct answer (recommended) We suggest you offer around 10 points, rather than just 1 point. Winning 10 points is much more motivating than winning 1 point.
- An incorrect answer (not recommended) We advise against penalizing participants for choosing the incorrect response. This will only discourage participation, especially since the user is already penalized for not gaining any points at all.
- A perfect set of answers (optional) We recommend you assign a similar amount of points to that of a correct response.
- Bonus (optional) You can award bonus points to answered all question within a certain time frame. We suggest you choose a similar amount of points to that of a correct response.